Senior Android Developer
You consider yourself an Android expert. R8, D8 doesn't sound like a Star Wars character to you. Romain Guy, Chet Haase, Tor Norbye and Jake Wharton are not just any other names to you.
We do too!
To all common minded enthusiasts, let's talk and explore together the Future ahead.
At Tumba Solutions we have a number of opportunities in our Android domains, including:
- Infotainment systems
- Sports training systems
- Digital Publishing
- … and something you haven't seen before!
What we are primarily looking for is a track record of building things that work and passion to make a better product.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- Design and build a robust codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different approaches.
- Use your software development expertise for inspiring others to develop better software practices and principles.
- Guides junior developers and removes any impediments that they might encounter.
- Help define test cases for development testing, verification and validation.
- Help improve the product quality and user experience.
- Be responsible for your work and take pride in it.
- Proficiency in Кotlin and Java.
- Good understanding of Android SDK (including Android Jetpack) and related UI design principles, guidelines, patterns and best practices.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Android development.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Good understanding of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
- Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle and the experience of actively participating in project/product creation and distribution.
- Setup or maintain CI/CD systems and pipelines.
- Self-organised, proactive and good communicator.
- Able to look through the customer lens.
Apply for this position
So what's next?
We will read carefully your submitted application. In case you have published open source code, projects or PRs, we'll go through them as well.
We conduct two interviews. First one aligns expectations and overviews each other's expertise. Second one is an in-depth technological chat and development opportunities discussion.
We make an offer to the candidate we think is the best fit for the role. In case you think different, we are open for another conversation.