Software Development Engineer in Test
You consider yourself a rare breed of IT Professional, an engineer who knows every tiny detail of the products you've worked on. You don't call yourself a QA or a simpleton software developer. You have passion for quality and solid automation experience. You are a SDET professional with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process.
Then let's talk 'cause we have an opportunity you cannot just ignore - to shape the future of mobility!
- Help build and validate distributed compute platform running on a vehicle.
- Build a testing framework to enable automated verification of native on vehicle microservices integrity and operations.
What we are primarily looking for is a track record of building things that work and passion to make a better product.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- Understanding the flow of code in the whole product and how it interacts with different components. Handle the end to end software lifecycle.
- Develop testing frameworks, tools and DSLs to validate the correctness and the robustness of multi components distributed software systems.
- Design and build a robust codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different approaches.
- Understanding project documents and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining and performing test automation frameworks on multiple platform products, such as desktop, embedded systems, mobile and web.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Managing the final quality of production release.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including requirements gathering, software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods and process management methodology.
- Good understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP), application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Good working knowledge of Linux OS and it's network stack.
- 9+ years of software engineering experience.
- Ability to analyze, identify and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in application.
- Self-organised, proactive and good communicator.
Apply for this position
So what's next?
We will read carefully your submitted application. In case you have published open source code, projects or PRs, we'll go through them as well.
We conduct two interviews. First one aligns expectations and overviews each other's expertise. Second one is an in-depth technological chat and development opportunities discussion.
We make an offer to the candidate we think is the best fit for the role. In case you think different, we are open for another conversation.