Hands-on Technical Team Lead
You are a multidisciplinary expert passionate about making a world-changing impact. Here, at Tumba Solutions, you'll have the chance to work with people like you - smart and nimble. People you are eager to work with on solving unique and complex technical challenges on a scale matched by few companies.
No matter where your technical expertise is and what your personal goals for professional development are, let's talk! We have number of opportunities we could tackle together:
- Infotainment systems.
- Sports training systems.
- Digital Publishing.
- … and something you haven't seen before!
What we are primarily looking for is a track record of building things that work and passion to make a better product.
- Hands-on implementation of key portions of the system.
- Lead a small team of developers and QAs to achieve goals, using a suitable software engineering approach.
- Set team's short term and long term team goals; ensure all team members understand the team mission.
- Motivate team members, discover training needs and provide coaching.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders and other team leads to identify the requirements for the product.
- Work on breaking down system requirements into subsystem's functional and performance requirements.
- Continually drive alignment between product, technical requirements, architecture design and detailed implementation.
- Take ownership of the product's quality and user experience.
- Help define test cases for development testing, verification and validation.
- Manage product delivery timelines and take into account business, legislative and security requirements.
- Be responsible for the team commitments and deliverables.
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience.
- 7+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including requirements gathering, software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Advanced knowledge of designing and developing distributed systems and native applications.
- Good understanding in two or more of the following platforms: Android, Linux, iOS, Java
- Good understanding in at least one of the following cloud providers: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Self-organised, proactive and good communicator.
- Able to look through the customer lens.
So what's next?
We will read carefully your submitted application. In case you have published open source code, projects or PRs, we'll go through them as well.
We conduct two interviews. First one aligns expectations and overviews each other's expertise. Second one is an in-depth technological chat and development opportunities discussion.
We make an offer to the candidate we think is the best fit for the role. In case you think different, we are open for another conversation.